My name is James Yang and I am a principal with the firm of Stetina Brunda Garred and Brucker. Our pricing, focus, size, structure and philosophy differentiate us from our competitors.
Pricing: Our fee estimates fall within the average amongst patent attorneys in the area. We do not charge large law firm prices. We also reduce overall fees by providing you with a list of options and give you the pros and cons for each option so that you can choose the level of protection. We won’t oversell you on legal services. We won’t sell you on in appropriate legal services.
IP Focus: Our practice focuses solely on intellectual property (IP) law. We do not form corporations or prepare wills and trusts. Our workload allows us to focus on IP law and nothing else. As a result, we are able to dig deep into the nuances of current cases and statutes to guide our clients in identifying, acquiring and exploiting their IP at a cost efficient level and effective manner.
Boutique size: We have 12 patent attorneys. They are all registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and with the California Bar. Each attorney works on his or her own case load. If needed, we have the reserve work capacity to work through your workload should it be needed. Over the years, we have grown to with our clients to accommodate their growth.
- General IP Attorney: Our attorneys are generalists in the area of intellectual property law. This means that you won’t get double billed for asking a trademark question to a patent attorney. Only when necessary do we bring in other attorneys in the firm that have greater knowledge in another area of intellectual property law.
- Breadth in IP: Although our attorneys are generalist in area Intellectual Property, we each specialize in different areas of Intellectual Property law such IP counseling and strategy, patent prosecution, patent litigation, trademark prosecution, trademark oppositions, copyright prosecution and litigation. For a full list, see our Practice Areas.
- Technical Specialty: Our attorneys have a variety of technical backgrounds from mechanical, electrical engineers, software, and biology. For a full list, see our Technologies page.
- Personal attention: We understand that clients hire attorneys, not law firms. As such, should you retain me on your intellectual property matters, I will always be your primary patent attorney.
- Continuity: Each of our attorneys have been at the firm for a significant period of time. What this means to you is that you won’t have a new attorney working on your case each year. Rather, one attorney will be working on your case file generally for the entire prosecution history of that case file.
Philosophy – Empowering clients with information: Starting from the initial consultation, you will notice that our primary goal is to empower our clients so that they can make the proper decisions for their business. We educate and explain the options and provide the pros and cons for each option. We may provide our recommended course of action based on the client’s goals but the bottom line is that the client is the ultimate decision maker.