My name is James Yang and I am a principal with the firm of Klein, O’Neill & Singh LLP.
Our practice focuses solely on intellectual property (IP) law, meaning we do not form corporations or prepare wills and trusts. Our workload allows us to focus on IP law and nothing else. As a result, we are able to dig deep into the nuances of current cases and statutes to guide our clients in identifying, acquiring and exploiting their IP at a cost efficient level and effective manner.
We offer reasonable pricing: Our fee estimates fall within the average amongst patent attorneys in the area. We do not charge large law firm prices, and we help reduce your overall fees by providing you with a list of options, along with the pros and cons for each option so that you can choose the right level of protection. We won’t oversell you on legal services, nor sell you on inappropriate legal services.
We have a boutique size: We have 12 patent attorneys, all registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and with the California Bar. Each attorney works on his or her own case load. However, if needed, we have the ability to apply more resources on your case, should it be needed. Over the years, we have grown with our clients to accommodate their growth.
Why you’ll benefit from working with us:
• Our attorneys are generalists in the area of intellectual property law. This means that you won’t get double billed for asking a trademark question to a patent attorney. Only when necessary do we bring in outside attorneys, if we require greater knowledge in another area of intellectual property law.
• Although our attorneys are generalists, we each specialize in different areas of Intellectual Property law, such IP counseling and strategy, patent prosecution, patent litigation, trademark prosecution, trademark oppositions, copyright prosecution and litigation. For a full list, see our Practice Areas.
• Our attorneys have a variety of technical backgrounds, such as mechanical and electrical engineering, software and biology. For a full list, see our Technologies page.
• We understand that clients hire attorneys, not law firms. As such, should you retain me on your intellectual property matters, I will always be your primary patent attorney.
• Each of our attorneys have been at the firm for a significant period of time. What this means to you is that you won’t have a new attorney working on your case each year. Rather, one attorney will be working on your case file generally for the entire prosecution history of that case file
Our philosophy is empowering clients with information. Starting from the initial consultation, you’ll find that our primary goal is to empower you to make the proper decisions for your business. We may provide our recommended course of action, based on your goals, but the bottom line is that the client is the ultimate decision maker.
If you’re interested in working with us, then call me at (949) 433-0900 to discuss your patent matter. Or, you can review the free learning resources I’ve created, so that you can begin to learn the nuances of IP law. However, please understand that by reading the information, no attorney client relationship is created. You must contact me to set up an initial consultation before representation begins.